During the COVID-19 crisis, Essential Dermatology stands ready to help you manage your skin concerns to our best capability. While monitoring CDC and other Federal, State, and Local guidance, we are currently open to serve your skin health needs.
Per CDC recommendations, we are starting to limit non-essential appointments. We are open to manage the following through in-office appointments:
- Skin cancer treatment
- Urgent and severe skin rashes (infections, blistering disorders, etc.)
- Other important follow-up and/or new skin conditions
We are also taking the following precautions to ensure patient and staff safety within the physical office space:
- Limiting the number of patients in waiting room. Patients are advised to not arrive more than 15 minutes before the scheduled appointment time. Overflow patients are directed to remain in their cars until called.
- Actively screening scheduled patients by phone. If you have fever, cough, upper respiratory tract infection, known exposure to a COVID-19 infected person, and/or living under the same roof as someone under quarantine, please reschedule for a future appointment > 4 weeks out.
- Cleaning doors, hard surfaces and other areas of the clinic extensively throughout the day.
- Prohibiting visitors and unnecessary vendors. Minors and elderly may have one person with them at the appointment.
- Reducing visits to patients over age 70 and/or high risk of COVID-19 related complications (including chronic medical conditions such as chronic obstructive pulmonary disease, asthma, history of solid organ transplantation, etc.)
We are initiating live video-conferencing teledermatology visits to help reduce in-office visits and maximize our ability to help patients navigate their skin conditions. Appropriate visits include acne, psoriasis, rash management, and more. Please contact the office to schedule a telehealth visit for follow-up or new patient visits.